Project Alpha is a collaborative effort between the March for Babies (formerly known as March of Dimes). Foundation and the B.E.A.M Foundation, Inc. This program was developed to increase the knowledge of the today’s teens of the consequences of teenage pregnancy. This program seeks to assist students in developing an understanding of their role in preventing untimely pregnancies through responsible attitudes and behaviors.
The goals of Project Alpha are to:
- Reduce the rate of adolescent sex and pregnancy
- Stress the concept of abstinence as a personal choice while promoting the use of contraceptives to those that choose to be sexually active
- Increase the knowledge of anatomy and physiology of the human body and the awareness of sexually transmitted diseases
- Clarify and emphasize the roles and responsibilities of fatherhood
- Reduce the rate of sexual abuse and violence among African-American teens.